We all know that comiXology has become a huge player in the comics industry, with 200 million digital comics downloaded, and initiatives like Submit helping even more creators get on digital. Think you’ve got what it takes to join the team? They’re currently seeking a Vice President of Product Development:
ComiXology is seeking technology trendsetters who are passionate about staying on the cutting edge of product development. Do you find yourself brainstorming features for existing products or critiquing a user experience – why did they do that or this could be much easier to navigate if …
ComiXology is looking for an experienced Vice President of Product Development and thought leader to partner with various groups and departments to champion our web and mobile product strategy. Join us on our mission to take products further.
*Please include a portfolio along with your cover letter.
• Oversee day-to-day operational aspects including budget planning, resourcing, scheduling and product strategy
• Manage competitive research and product development across mobile and web applications, web tools and new products customers don’t yet realize they can’t live without
• Act as product owner throughout development lifecycle by defining the product vision, creating wireframes and detailed specs and managing a team of top performing product managers and UX specialists
• Conduct product demos and user feedback sessions on current and future innovations
• Collaborate with marketing, production and business departments to create and execute a company-wide go-to-market plan
• Partner with QA to ensure that all products and services are delivered to a high standard
• Work with comic book publishers to understand the roadmap and integrate feedback
• 10+ years proven experience managing product development teams, client relationships, developing and adhering to budgets, timelines and strategies – how many hats can you wear?
• Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent B2B/B2C products across mobile, web and other platforms – show us what you’ve created and why its changing the industry
• Passionate about technology, providing a great customer experience and the desire to continuously grow one’s skill set and think outside the box
• Deep familiarity identifying and implementing UX/UI design best practices
• History of meeting or beating assigned targets and deadlines under normal circumstances, and ability to make trade-offs and when needed to optimize outcome when conditions change
• Experience in negotiating and managing vendors
• Knowledge of Agile practices
• Manage the product process for web and mobile apps
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Would be great:
• You are an inspiration for innovation
• You laugh at our jokes
• You’re a fan of Comics and are already using one of our 30+ apps