By Todd Allen
The November solicitations for DC have been released. As I was scrolling through them, I thought to myself, “that sure is a lot of crossovers.” How many crossovers does DC have in November? Let’s count them:
1. “Hawkman: Wanted” - Hawkman, Green Arrow, Deathstroke
2. “H’ell on Earth” – Superman, Supergirl, Superboy
3. “Death of the Family” – Batman, Batman and Robin (“lead-in”), Batgirl, Catwoman, Nightwing (“leads directly into”), Suicide Squad
4. “Rise of the Third Army” – Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Red Lantern, Green Lantern: The New Guardians
5. “Rot World” – Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Frankenstein
6. Titles with a plot concerning the Black Diamond (Eclipso returning?) – All-Star Western, Team 7, Demon Knights
7. Titles leading into Trinity War – Justice League, Phantom Stranger (if Pandora is what’s promoted, that’s Trinity War build-up)
That’s 5 formal crossovers, 2 build-ups and a total of 24 titles. That’s very nearly half of the New 52 line that’s spilling into a shared storyline. It does seem like there’s a little bit of “in for a penny, in for a pound” going on with families of titles.
Three Joe Kubert titles were solicited for November. The second issue of Joe Kubert Presents, which will have Kubert’s “The Reedemer,” which was originally supposed to have been a mini-series in 1983. Also solicited was a Showcase edition of Weird War Tales, which will have some Kubert material. And he’s inking that Nite Owl comic that got a bit of attention this morning.