One benefit of this column’s delay is, for once, a chance to read the legions of blogs and chats about the show before writing. So, in lieu of a running diary after the jump, some quick thoughts.
* Nerds all over the net seem to be reveling in all the parallels between Sayid’s test in the temple and Han Solo being tortured in one of the Star Wars movies. I’ll take your word for it, not having seen any of the original trilogy since their theatrical release.
* A more interesting parallel can be found between last night’s scene and when Sayid was tortured by Rousseau back in season one. Seems like the tests were very similar. Could “the Sickness” now be tied into being possessed by MIB or taking a dip in the Lazarus Pit?
* Speaking of Rousseau, Claire is the new Rousseau? How about that?
* I’m sure many ladies will disagree, but I have no time for weepy Sawyer.
* If you were sideways Claire, would you really trust the woman who stole your cab at gunpoint and then came back with your bag?
* Sideways Ethan seemed like a good guy. But you can’t help but wonder if he is.
* Anyone else expect to see Ana Lucia as the policeman who showed up looking for “Joan Hart?”
* Is it just me or did Dogen say “poison” just like the sushi chef in The Simpsons epsiode where Homer ate the fugu?
All in all, an okay episode, but grading on the “No Locke and No Ben” scale, it was pretty good.