Well, that was quite the one hour of serialized episodic television.
Let’s just put the jump here and get on with it.
SPOILERS THERE BE
(Cavaet: This is being written immediately after the show aired. So, my apologies for missing references or things that whizzed by at break-neck speed.)
* Ben — Super Genius, but World’s Worst Negotiator.
* Those Widmore Troops certainly thinned out the background cast. You’d think they were wearing Star Trek red shirts or something.
* The Smoke Monster is the most unexpected Cavalry since …. You fill in the blank.
* One assumes one kickass showdown in the future between Ben and Desmond.
* Poor Sayid. He just will never get the chance to be happy.
* Was that Faraday’s anticipated “heel turn?”
* If Rousseau IS still alive out there in the woods, she is going to get even crazier.
* Who plays RISK without it being a drinking game? That’s how we did it in college.
* Nothing creepier than a phone with no numbers on it ringing.
* The doc is both alive and dead. Is he Schrodinger’s Doctor?
– I was watching tonight’s episode at work and at about 20 minutes into the show, one of the people watching in the room says “I’m confused.” I quickly try and explain the whole “Flash Forward” thing. Soon after, everyone had left the room but me, letting me take my notes in solitude.