Well, we got some answers tonight. There can probably never be enough answers given to satisfy some of the nerds out there watching, but we will always take what Lindelof and Cuse will give us on any given week.
Let’s discuss those after the jump.
1. The baby is Ethan. Or, the producers are deliberately trying to swerve the audience by introducing another Ethan.
2. We know who is when. Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sayid are in 1977. For now, Lapidus, Sun, Ben and Locke are in 2007. People are wondering why Sun isn’t in the past. My theory: it has something to do with her having given birth.
3. Young Ben is indeed on the Island. It certainly looks like they will be playing the “Would you kill Hitler as a child to save the world from him?” card in the near future. Or, again, it’s a clever swerve.
4. Christian Shephard (or Jacob, your choice) CAN touch physical objects. So much for the popular “he’s a ghost” theory (or whatever variant you’ve heard).
And now… more questions.
1. Where’s Faraday?
2. If Sayid was “a hostile” sent to spy, why is he wearing handcuffs?
3. Can Jack really handle not being “the man with the plan?”
4. What will Hurley’s job assignment be?
5. Caesar: take charge leader or pushy jerk?
6. Was that the stewardess making that splat noise before everyone vanished off the plane?
7. Isn’t it weird to see all these Dharma stations looking shiny and new?
8. Who’s president now? Presumably Carter, but it could be the first 20 days of January.
9. This guy Phil. He’s going to be a problem, isn’t he?
10. Were you also expecting to hear cats fighting during that Juliet/Kate indoctrination scene?
11. Did anyone really think Sun was going to trust Ben? Remember, this is ruthless businesswoman Sun, not relatively-timid 2004 Sun?
12. How many folks in the Dharma Initiative are as paranoid as Radzinsky?
13. How did Ben know there would still be outriggers there, three years after he left the island?
14. Didn’t they totally miss a chance for Jack to say “He’s Dead, James.” to Sawyer when he asked about Locke?
Next week: It looks like things will be hitting the fan.