LEGO Eric Cartman.
Did that get your attention?
Here ya go:
TwoMorrows Publishing, now in its 15th year of celebrating the art and history of comics and LEGO, is heading to Comic-Con International booth #1301 with several new items hot off the presses, some astonishing LEGO creations, and a colossal half-price sale on books and magazines.
Publications debuting at Comic-Con will be:
• Alter Ego #88 (edited by Roy Thomas), with an in-depth look at DC Comics founder Major Malcolm Wheeler-Nicholson.
• Back Issue #35 (edited by Michael Eury), spotlighting villains from comics of the 1970s to 1980s.
• Jack Kirby Collector #53 (edited by publisher John Morrow), focusing on “The Magic of Stan Lee and Jack Kirby”.
• All-Star Companion, Volume 4 (edited by Roy Thomas), the final volume of the series featuring coverage of the 1940s Justice Society and the 1980s Infinity, Inc.
• BrickJournal Compendium 3 (edited by Joe Meno), compiling issues of the company’s LEGO magazine that have never been in print form before.
• Captain Action: The Original Superhero Action Figure (written by Michael Eury), the new full-color hardcover second edition of the indispensable tome on the history of the character.
• Modern Masters Volume 21: Chris Sprouse (by Todd Dezago and Eric Nolen-Weathington), presenting a career-spanning interview with the DC/WildStorm artist, as well as a deluxe sketchbook and color gallery of his work.
A very limited number of copies of each debut item will be available, so customers are encouraged to stop by early at booth #1301 (immediately inside the main entrance to Hall A at the San Diego Convention Center) for best selection.
In conjunction with its BrickJournal/LEGO Panel on Friday, July 24 at 10:30am, TwoMorrows will be featuring an amazing array of LEGO creations at its booth, including a not-to-be-missed statue of South Park’s Eric Cartman constructed completely of LEGO bricks, among other custom creations. The first two BrickJournal Compendium books will be offered at 50% off cover price to celebrate the release of the third volume of the series, and back issues of BrickJournal will also be available for purchase.
In addition, TwoMorrows will be offering 50% off a selection of 26 different books and DVDs, plus 50% off back issues of their magazines Alter Ego, Back Issue, Draw, Write Now, Rough Stuff, Comic Book Artist, and the Jack Kirby Collector. While every in-stock issue will be available, due to space limitations, the company is bringing only a few copies of each older issue for this sale.
The company will also hold its annual TwoMorrows Panel on Thursday, July 23 at 4:30pm, offering fans a chance to see a video presentation of upcoming projects, and ask questions and share feedback with the company’s publisher and editors.