This is shaping up to be an epic San Diego, as the media blitz begins weeks before the actual Comic Carnival begins.
Who will win the battle for Hall H? Marvel Studios or DC Entertainment? Marvel fired off the first salvo, announcing that Lucy Lawless will be joining the cast of Agents of SHIELD, possibly as a Norse warrior maiden. Will DC confirm their rumored slate, perhaps with some hope-for’d casting? Will there be surprise cameos on stage? Stay tuned!
And now, a few links of note, courtesy of Google News.
* Erin Gray talks about how she started attending autograph shows, how she became an agent for other TV stars doing the same thing, and how there is a bit of snobbery among movie actors and their agents.
* PETA joins the fun, placing Seaworld ads at the airport. [Personally, I feel they should team up with Planet of the Apes. Think of the synergy!]
Have a D23 membership? Disney is hosting a sneak peek of their Marvel Infinity launch off-site. Just bring proof of membership.
* Wonder Woman. Betty & Veronica. Now, Marge Simpson is the spokesmodel for MAC cosmetics!
*Speed dating? Not in these crowds! VGMarket released survey figures on comic-con dating and romance.
The poll also found:
- 35 percent of respondents have dated someone that they met at Comic-Con. Among those that haven’t, 79 percent say they would.
- 57 percent of respondents know someone that met their spouse/partner at Comic-Con. 30 percent of married respondents met their spouse/partner at Comic-Con.
- 78 percent of respondents have dressed up as a character at Comic-Con.
- 71 percent of respondents know someone that has named their child after a fictional character.
- 76 percent of respondents know someone that has worked their favorite fictional character into a child’s birthday party or similar event.
["Daddy, why did you name me 'Hall H'?"]
* Variety reports that various videogame stars from the 80s have signed on to star in Sony Pictures’ “Pixels”. The feature is based on a clever animated short, seen below.
* Wizard World CEO and President John Macaluso was recently interviewed by Bloomberg TV’s “Taking Stock“.
* Jim Lee will give away 50 sketches at his spotlight panel.
* The Batmobile gets pwned by, ironically, Mattel.
* And the Tribe will gather on Friday night.